Wednesday, May 23, 2012

American Idol 2012: Phillip Phillips!

Date: May 24, 2012
Time: 10:24 AM

After 132 million votes nationwide, the AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 11 is........ PHILLIP PHILLIPS!!!

Soooo.. How do you guys feel about the results? I've been reading tweets and blogs about the results of American Idol right after Ryan announced the winner and guess what? Most of the tweets that I have read expressed bitterness towards the results. Well, that's expected. There's a Filipino blood running through Jessica's veins. But then again, I don't think we should destroy Phil's feelings because America voted for him to be their Idol.

YES! There's no doubt about it, Jessica sings better... No, I mean, waaaaayyyy better than Phil, but American Idol is a POPULARITY CONTEST. More votes, more chances of winning as what they say. So I guess, the Filipino power failed to outshine the voting powers of Phil's fans. Well, Congrats Phil!

Even though Jessica did not win, I still want to congratulate her for sharing her godly talent to the world. Thank you for bringing (somehow) the name of our Country (Philippines) to the world scene. Remember, Jessica got voted off during the Top 7 eliminations (If I am not mistaken), but the Judges used their 'SAVE' that brought Jessica back to the competition and look how far she came after that scene.. AMERICAN IDOL FINALE! Clap clap for JESSICA SANCHEZ for that! If ever there will be another person with a Filipino blood who will join American Idol, he/she will surely have a difficult time to go over with the success Jessica has achieved because in order for that person to do that, he/she should be the AMERICAN IDOL WINNER!

How I felt for the results? Hmm. Of course, I would be a hypocrite if I would say that I was not bitter about it. I would want Jessica Sanchez to win. But now that Philip has won, I was happy for him. Winning does not determine your success. There were lots of American Idol winner who were not 'that' successful in the music scene, compare to those who did not make it and were able to make it bigger than those who did win. So I am sure, even though Jessica did not win, she will make it big there. I can't wait to hear her music on  the radio and see her music in the charts. I also hope that Jessica and the rest of the Idol finalists could visit the Philippines. I will surely watch out for that! :)

Again, Congratulations PHIL PHILLIPS! I pray for you and the rest of the idol finalist will make it big to the music scene all over the world! See you around. wow. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered By Blogger